As with our lives, our design focus has turned increasingly toward an examination of the impact we have on our planet. With every new project we explore new ways to reduce the depletion of our natural resources and re-examine old ways to connect with our surroundings; sometimes that involves just letting a thing be what it is. For us, good design means doing more with less, and finding honest and authentic ways of using materials. Some recent examples:
- New homes designed with green roof terraces, which not only reduce storm water runoff but also provide living outdoor space.
- Rainwater harvesting from roofs for other uses, to conserve potable water.
- Heated concrete slab floors; beautiful, comfortable, and dust-free.
- Non-toxic interior materials and finishes.
- Designing our new mixed-use project for Zero-net-energy use.